The National Transportation Act was passed by the Estates-General in September 3rd, 2005. It was granted Imperial Assent in September 6th, 2005. The New Alexandrian Financial and Economic Law amended parts of this act.
This bill was not voted on through roll call vote.
- OUI - 4 votes
- ABSTAIN - N/A
- NON - N/A
Section 1. Edit
This Act may be cited as the National Transportation Act of 2005.
Section 2. Edit
The Estates-General finds;
(a) That a nationally-integrated transportation network is vital to commerce, industry, the facilitation of the movement of goods and people, and the unity of Alexandria;
(b) That the District of Franciscania has led the nation in creating a railway system;
(c) That a Government Ministry, in union with the Provincial governments, would best provide, coordinate, and maintain transportation systems in Alexandria.
Section 3. Edit
New Duties of the Ministry of the Interior and Police
In addition to the Ministry’s normal duties, it is now responsible for
(a) Creating and maintaining a National Highway system, in conjunction with the Provinces;
(b ) Creating and maintaining a National Railway system, in conjunction with the Provinces;
© Regulating private and commercial air traffic;
(d) Researching and developing new transport technologies, with funds granted to it by the Estates-General.
Section 4. Edit
1. The Empire shall establish the Societe Nationale des Chemins de Fer, a countrywide railway network to expand the economy and improve the efficiency of the market.
2. The acronym for Societe Nationale des Chemins de Fer shall be SNCF.
Section 5. Edit
1. The technology used in this nation-wide railway network shall be standard rails. A gauge of 4 feet, 8.5 inches shall separate the tracks.
2. Stage 1 of the network will be a system of lines extending into rural districts, and one line connecting Geneva, Franciscania, Kettle, Frankfurt and Nantes and shall be completed on or before September 20, 2005.
3. Stage 2 of the network will be the construction of lines connecting San Juan Bautista, Hesterford and New San Juan and shall proceed at such time as the Estates-General may direct.
Section 6. Edit
1. The project shall be fully funded and operated by the Minister of the Interior.
2. The following sum is appropriated for the construction of the network: 50,000,000R to be payed in two payments of 25,000,000R, the first to be payed immediately, the second to be payed after the completion of Stage 1.
3. The Economy Act is hereby amended to allow 1,000,000,000M to be circulated in the Alexandrian economy.
4. Subject to this Act, fares and freight charges shall be fixed by the Minister of the Interior at a level which reflects the capital and operating costs of SNCF, as well as the economic, social and environmental impact of other forms of land transport.
Section 7. Edit
1. The appropriation from section 4.3 of this act may be reduced by the Prime Minister if a private corporation agrees to invest in the SNCF; the amount of such reduction shall be equal to the total of any private or provincial investment; the Empire and other investors shall own that proportion of the system funded by their own investment.
2. Private investment shall be by way of tender.
3. Each tender shall have a deadline fixed by the Minister of the Interior and blind tenders shall be submitted before the deadline. The Minister of the Interior shall make recommendations to the Estates-General on which tender to accept, but the Estates-General is not bound to follow those recommendations.
4. There shall be a SNCF Board. The SNCF Board shall comprise directors appointed by the Prime Minister, provincial and private investors in relation to the amount of their investment.
Section 8. Edit
1. This act shall enter into effect on the day it recieves Imperial Assent.